Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fruit






When I first started on this weight loss journey I HATED fruit. I rarely ate any fruit at all I could go weeks... maybe even months without a single piece of fruit touching my lips. Last week was a bit of an eye opener as to how much I have changed over the past 6 months. Last week I didn’t have enough money to buy any extra groceries. I knew I had my weekly fruit & vegetable order arriving on the Thursday so I thought to myself; there is enough fruit for the kids lunches we’ll just make do until then. So I went 4 days without fruit. I missed it- I really did. Not only did I miss having a 0pp snack, or the little sugar hit that you get… I also missed it on the toilet. I didn’t realize how good fruit actually is for your body. I felt so heavy & clogged up. When our fruit & veg order arrived on Thursday it was as if Santa had arrived! Pears oh my beautiful precious pears, crisp juicy pink lady apples, the sweetest mandarins I have even tasted & some kiwi fruit. As soon as I unpacked it I scoffed down a pear. Every day since I have had a piece of fruit, such strange behavior from a self confessed fruit hater! I used to have a bit of chocolate every day… now I have fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment