Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Survival of a weekend away

I had a semi controlled weekend away, I made good choices most of the time… except for maybe that vegetarian nachos for Ozy Mex in Byron Bay. But hey everyone knows that it is the best and yummiest Mexican outside of Mexico. How could I go there and not have it? Actually now that I am thinking about it, actually it was a GREAT idea because it inspired me to make a yummy low calorie burrito that we can make at home and did have at home Monday night. It had chicken breast tossed in burrito seasoning, extra light sour cream, avocado, iceberg lettuce, cabbage and coriander salad, a sprinkling of cheese and hot chilli sauce. It was so delicious and fresh tasting. I managed to get it down to 397 calories per burrito not bad considering restaurant burritos can get up around 800 calories per burrito! If you were not fussed with the sour cream and cheese you could omit these and save yourself around 80 calories, but there are just some things I am not willing to give up and cheese and sour cream on my Mexican are a couple of them!
I know I am going to have to really pull in my calories and up my exercise to regain control after the weekend. There were other deliciously naughty food and some alcohol consumed over the 2 nights so I know that the scales will be up a little. I know a week or 2 of strict calorie intake and some exercise each day will make all of the difference. I have signed up for the Ashy Bines tips to be emailed out to me every day. Her first tip for me is to go for a fat blasting walk every morning. So that is what I did. I set my alarm for 6am and got up bright and early to go for my fat blasting walk. I plan to do these daily on top of my boxing. These are just for me. No hubby, no dogs, no kids, just me and nature.
Yesterday was a great come back day. I stuck well within my calories and went to boxercise on top of it. Today is going to be another great well planned day. Today’s menu is 1220 calories.
B- Porridge made on low fat milk with ½ a banana and 1 tsp of brown sugar
L- Left over stir-fry from last night’s dinner
D- BBQ at the in-laws. 1 x chicken kebab, 1 x cup of veggie bake, 1 x cup of green salad, 1 x mini bread roll
S- 5 x almonds, apple, yoghurt
E- Fat blasting walk

No comments:

Post a Comment