Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Vegetable Soup

This is one of my soup recipes that I make in bulk & freeze into individual portion sizes. It great when you want a hot lunch in this cooler weather that we are starting to have now and the best news is that it is only around 60 calories per serve!

Ingredients
1/2 tbl spoon of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 whole leek
2 stalks of celery
2 carrots
1 zucchini
1 cup of diced pumpkin
1 cup of diced sweet potato
2 tins of tomatoes
Water
Herbs- I like to use what ever I have growing at the time but if you don't have fresh you can also use dried
Salt & pepper to taste

Method
Saute the garlic & leek in the olive oil gently you don't want any colour on them as it will effect the taste of your soup. Once opaque add the celery, carrot & zucchini then your pumpkin & sweet potato. Add your tomato & enough water to cover all of your veggies comfortably. I like to simmer for at least 1 hour to let the flavours all develop, the harder veggies to become soft & the soup to reduce slightly. Towards the end of the cooking I add my herbs & salt & pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment