Friday, May 6, 2011

6pp Breakfast

06/03/11

It's Autumn, it's cool and overcast & I am awake already. It's the kind of morning that warrents something warm & yummy for breakfast. I know if I have the bacon & eggs that we used to have that I will regret it. I will feel full & bloated. So as I am sitting here on WW I am thinking of the yummy breakfast that our favorite cafe makes & wondering how I could replicate it but make it a little more PP friendly. The original favorite is 2 slices of Vienna toasted each topped with avocado, grilled tomato's, bacon & eggs then smothered in a delicious hollandaise sauce. God it is good but oh so bad! So for our breakfast this morning I have sliced some tomatoes thickly & currently have them roasting in a slow oven topped with fresh basil & parsley out of our garden, a good amount of cracked salt & pepper and a tiny drizzle of good quality olive oil. Once they are ready I will toast our vienna bread (1 slice) and top with 1/4 of an avocado each, 2 slices of the tomato & a poached egg. Skip the bacon & hollandaise sauce. But you know, with the beautiful flavour that will come from the tomato I really don't think that we will miss it. The smell that is currently coming from my kitchen is awesome and my mouth is watering & tummy grumbling waiting for our delicious 6 PP breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment