Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm back baby!

I went to the gym this morning. I did extra in my arms & abs sessions. One thing I noticed though is how fast you lose your fitness! I have not run since last Friday with Brock up the dreaded Point Cartwright Hill (sheer cliff face more like it!) This morning I really sucked at running! Last week I was doing 3.5min sections & today I could only manage 2.5min sections. It was very disappointing! Brock told me some time ago that you lose your fitness twice as fast as you gain it. Today really proved that to me. I must be the slowest person to ever do the C25K. Instead of the normal 9 week program I think it will take me 18 weeks lol. I don’t care how long it takes me though I am still going to do it. I have a secret goal to run in a fun run. Not sure which one I am aiming for yet but I want to run the whole thing. I can’t wait until I can do that. I can just imagine my little family waiting at the end for me to finish, cheering me on.
Tomorrow is the 1st of April. Day 1 of the 5kg in April challenge. I’ll start my day with a training session with Brock. I think I am really going to try & give myself a good kick start for April by going to the gym over the week end as well. Normally I try to just do light exercise over the week end to give myself a little break but I want to see a big difference in April so I plan on putting in some big effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment