Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Live the Dream

Tonight DF & I went for our nice long walk over the hill. We have been doing this walk regularly for at least 12 months now. For the first time ever I noticed that someone had scratched a little message into the concrete along one of the garden beds. It simply reads 'Live the dream'. A strange little bit of graffiti if you ask me. Usually people vandalising will do horrible eye sore offensive slogans, so I looked at the scratching as a special message meant just for me. I mean why haven't I spotted it before now? The concrete is not fresh so it's not as if it is new. I just have never spotted it before. While we walked I thought of what it really means. What my dreams for this life are. I need to stop dreaming & start living! Thin, Fit, Happy, Financially Stable. Thin- well I'm working on that, I still have a little way to go until I will be happy with my appearance but I am motivated to get there. There is no stopping me! Fit- I am the fittest that I have ever been. I can remember running in a cross country race when I was about 12, I honestly can't ever remember exercising after that in my life. Happy- I believe that being happy is a conscious decision you make. You can choose to be negative & sad & try to bring those around down or you can choose to be happy & encourage those around you to be the best that they can be. I choose to be happy. Of course I am human & I have down days however I am usually quick to get over them. The one part of my life that seems to be a problem at the moment is financial stability- With DF being a sub contractor our income can be very up & down. When it is up we have a great old time, cars, holiday's, new clothes, dinners out. We do save a little because we know that at any point the work could run out however the past 12 months we have not been as careful as we should have & now we are facing the prospect of at least 4 weeks with no income from DF. We are selling off a couple of big ticket toys to fund this break. We really have no option as DF needs to have an operation on his ear to repair the hole in his ear drum. I guess the good thing about this time is that it has forced DF & I to talk about our financial future. This is a lesson that the universe is sending us & we need to learn from it.


My new mantra is going to be 'Live the dream'

No comments:

Post a Comment