Saturday, May 7, 2011

Proud & some exciting news!

06/04/11

I am so proud of DF & I tonight. After a yummy dinner of chicken breast marinated in peri peri sauce & vegetables. I made the kids some apple pie with home made custard. I served them up & left them to do the dishes while DF & I took our selves off for a walk/ run over the hill. On our way there it started pouring with rain, I don't mean kinda sprinkling rain I mean pouring cats & dogs kinda rain. So we continued to our normal parking spot & after a couple of minutes it started to subside a bit. We decided to go for it! So we started our jog up the hill & slowly but surely the rain started to come back a bit. We got to the top of the hill (well almost for me I had to walk the last 100m) & decided that it was getting just a little bit to heavy for our liking. We turned around & started our walk back down the hill. When I got to the bit that I started walking at on the way up. I decided that I was going to run all the way back to our starting point. On the way down the rain really started to come down again. I just kept in my rhythm determined that I was going to get back to our starting point. Finally with lungs burning we made it. With in seconds of starting the walk back to the car the rain started to bucket down again & with out even thinking I started running as fast as I could back to the car. My lungs were burning by the time we got back to the car & I was absolutly saturated. We laughed as we got in the car. Look at the crazy people that we have become- running in the rain!!! We had so much fun. DF offered if I wanted a caramel sundae on the way home & I said- NO WAY! I am not undoing all that good we just did in one go! In fact what we did didn't even cover it- All the exercise I did today combined didn't cover it! Yes I have my weekly points but I just didn't want to do it. It just didn't feel right.

So I guess you've read this far to find out what the exciting news is hey...


We've picked a wedding date! Hooray! Can't say to much just yet as we have PLANS! But I will say that it will be TOTALLY us which I love love love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment