Friday, May 6, 2011

I think my trainer is trying to kill me...

04/03/11

This morning while it was still dark I got out of bed, put on a pair Lorna Jane tights & top. (I think it is important to have nice work out gear- it makes me want to wear it & once I have it on I HAVE to go!)Searched for some socks, (our house is like a black hole for socks!) and put on my runners. Out side it was pouring with rain & I had my mobile phone close by in the hope that I would recieve a sms telling me to stay home. I waited & waited until at last I had to get in my car & make the 15 minute drive down to the bottom of Point Cartright to meet Brock. I pulled up to the car park it was still quite dark but I know that if it had of been a sunny day, the sun would have been making it's spectacular entrance over the ocean & sand dunes. Brock pulled up in the park next to me & the clouds parted slightly & instead of pouring it was just drizzling (typical!) We started off nice & gentle & walked the 2kms up to the top of the cliff. My breathing was deeper but I was easily able to talk through the walk. Instead of walking right up to the top we stopped beside a VERY steep set of stairs. Brock had me sprint up the stairs one at a time 5 times then 2 at a time 5 times. By the end my thighs and lungs were burning. We continued up to the top of the cliff until we came to a marker that said 0. Then we jogged back down the hill until we came to the marker that said .5km. From there we walked back down to the 1km walk which very conveniently was at the top of quite a steep section of the path. It was here that Brock informed me that we were going to do some sprints from the bottom of the steep section right through to the top. It was around 200 meters in length & as I stood at the bottom of that hill looking up at the top I could have almost cried. I was so tired already how was I ever going to get through it! I mentally told myself to suck it up princess if you hadn't gone & got yourself so fat you wouldn't be having to do this! 5 gruelling sprints up that cliff we did. One man & his dog were clearly in awe as he kept stopping to turn back & watch us do it over & over again. If I be honest knowing that the man & his little staffy were watching made me work just that little bit harder. So finally I get to the top of the hill on sprint number 5. The blood in my head is pumping so hard I think my head is going to explode. My heart rate is through the roof (over 200!!!!!!) As we walk (very slowly) the 1km back to our cars Brock tells me that I have the fitness of a 23 year old with that kind of heart rate. I am feeling pretty good about myself at this point (I'm about to turn 34!). It was all just a ploy- buttering me up. Brock says to me, 'I have bad news we're not finished yet' AGH! He gets me to take my shoes & socks off & we walk down the sand dune onto the beach. He draws a line on the sand & we walk 150 meters to a big tide pole. It is the longest walk of my life. My feet are sinking into the soft sand & my legs and lungs are still buring from the hill sprints. We jog back to the line that Brock has brown in the sand. I can hardly breath I want to lay in that sand in the rain & not move a muscle. Brock makes me walk back to the pole. We do it again. I search for my foot prints in the sand so that it will be easier. Brock that sneak has pushed me further down the sand with out me realising obviously knowing what I would try to do! We do it a 3rd time & finally he says those 3 little words that I have been dying to hear out of his mouth almost since we began,

'we are finished'

Oh the sweet relief finally the pain would be over! I looked to where we were standing and realised that I was going to have to walk up that massive sand dune to get to my car. I could have cried. I swear by some freak of nature that the sand dune had somehow gotten steeper in the last 15 minutes. Finally I got to my car, paid Brock for the pleasur e & somehow made it home!

I' m feeling a bit better now & ready to do it all over again next week! CRAZY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment