Friday, May 6, 2011

A Birthday Surprise

18/03/11

DF is a typical Aussie guy. A thong wearing, short wearing, V8 ute driving, surfing Aussie bloke. So who knew that he could be so romantic? Certainly not me! My day started off at 4.30am with a beautiful card that was for a wife. However DF had added a little to be beside it. So cute! The kids then got up around 6am & gave me their presents and cards. A normal day of work followed. Then last night I was taken out for dinner to our local Tavern for my birthday. I really didn’t want to go out as I have so much to organise for my step daughters 7th Birthday party on Saturday. I also had to make cupcakes for her to take to school today so I was stressing that I would not have enough time to get everything done that I need to. Plus we are going away for my Birthday next week end so I was happy to not celebrate it until then. All I wanted for dinner was a simple steak with vegies. DF finally persuaded me to go with the promise that we would have a yummy dinner & it would be quicker than going to Hogs Breath or the like. So we walked in to the sports bar area to have a little flutter. We head to the bar to order drinks & the owner of the tavern, Paul, tells us that these ones are on the house and wishes me a happy birthday. Hmmm how did he know it was my birthday? So we enjoy our drinks & then make our way down to the restaurant. Table for 2 thanks DF says. Paul miraculously appears again to show us to our seats. We are lead out to the outside deck area and I view our table. There are balloons & table scatters all over the table. I am almost crying at this point as DF has NEVER gone to this kind of effort before. I am used to him rushing out to get my present the night before. Once I even got $100 in a card because he left it so late that he missed the shops! My proposal was not romantic at all (I have requested a do over after last night!) Don’t get me wrong his words were sweet and really meaningful however they were delivered as we were going to bed on a random Wednesday night. The effort that he went to last night really blew me away. So we are sitting at the beautiful table & Paul returns with another drink each (there goes my PP!) Normally you have to go up to the bar to order & then they bring your meal out to your table. Paul comes over to the table & takes our orders acting like it is a posh restaurant instead of our little local tavern. I had steak & vegies just like I had planned with Diane sauce on the side. The old me would of had chips instead of vegies, extra Diane sauce & I would have drowned my entire meal in the sauce making sure not to waste a precious drop! Last night instead of pouring it on I actually dipped my steak into the sauce instead. I actually only used half of the sauce doing it this way. I was so full that I couldn’t finish my meal & although I did feel a little guilty as I didn’t want Paul to think that I didn’t enjoy it, I was so proud of myself for stopping myself from eating when I was full. The old me would have polished off that meal & then been looking for dessert! I did go over in my PP but I had all of my weeklies up my sleeve as well as all of my exercise points. So all in all it was a FABULOUS birthday dinner. I can’t wait until next week end to see how he can top that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment