Friday, May 6, 2011

Size 14

22/03/11

I took my kids shopping on Sunday to get a few essentials that we needed for dinner. My eldest daughter Kirra, wanted to go into one of those teenager aimed stores with the music blaring & staff that looked like they got dressed in the dark with the miss match of clothing that they must have picked up off their bedroom floor or as I like to call it their floordrobe. Hair tussled in an urban hippy/ I don’t bother brushing my hair style. Bobbing away to the music & shouting at their customers over the top of the music. So we enter the store so that Kirra can have a look if there is anything in there that I will actually allow her to leave with. As she is asking the girl to get a pair of jeans off the roof (seriously she had to go & get a ladder!) I find myself browsing through a rack of long dresses. Kirra runs off to the fitting room to try on a pair of skinny jeans and a top and I follow. In my hands I have a dress off that rack. It is black- which I have been making a point of steering away from in recent times as my whole wardrobe seems to be black with the exception of my workout gear. It is long. It looks like it is going to be slim fitting. I seriously don’t know what got into me even taking that dress into the fitting room. For one I don’t wear dresses and two as if I am going to fit into anything in this store! I know that I am setting myself up for a fall. After a week of STS I am questioning if I am trying to sabotage myself so that I can console myself with food when it doesn’t fit. So I slip the dress over my head. It is pretty it has a ruffle that runs across the bust on a diagonal & then all the way down. I can see how nice it would look with some gold accessories & my hair done. Best of all- I can see that it actually fits! A size 14 in one of those teenage shops. I never thought I would ever be able to wear anything (or want to for that matter!) in one of those stores. Of course I bought the dress. How could I not!

So while I was at the gym this morning I ran a little bit further thinking of my butt in that dress. I did a few extra repetitions of my arm weights thinking of my arms in that dress. When I was doing sit ups I was thinking about my tummy in that dress. I am looking forward to wearing it this Friday to pick DF up from work in the city on our way to our weekend away without the kiddies. He hasn’t seen it yet & I am hoping that he will be impressed. As for Kirra she was allowed the jeans but the top didn’t make the cut. I won’t let her walk around with her tummy showing at 12. I don’t care what the fashion is! I am loving that I am now a true size 14. I can officially walk into a shop & pick up the size 14 off the rack & know that it is going to fit. What an exciting concept! I can’t wait until I can blog about the same experiences for size 12 & then eventually size 10. The days are coming I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment