Saturday, May 7, 2011

The good the bad the ugly

27/04/11

Good Friday started off so well. I did a heavy PT session with Brock then went home & cooked myself some scrambled eggs (no toast). Mid morning DF & I went for a nice long walk with our puppies to get them out of the yard. Lunch was beautiful fresh seafood straight from the trawler. About mid afternoon is when it all started to go downhill. We decided to have a few quite drinks at home. We got an invitation to go up the road to DF’s little sisters house as they were having a party. Well that was the end of me. We were so drunk that we didn’t even have any dinner. I was sick at least once, something that I haven’t done for a very long time however I am blaming the lack of food on that one! Needless to say I didn’t wake up feeling the best on Saturday morning! Every time I moved I felt like I needed to be sick. DF made me his ‘heart starter’ breakfast which is basically a bacon sandwich with BBQ sauce. The grease was just what I wanted however I don’t know if I needed it. Somehow I pulled myself together for the 2 hour drive to my parents unit on the Gold Coast. By 6pm I was feeling much better & decided that I was feeling well enough to go out. We went to our favourite place Vapiano’s. We shared some very yummy things like pizza & ravioli, I skipped the drinks (hmm wonder why!) but Mum & I did share one of the yummy panna cotta’s. Sunday morning we packed the esky full of chicken & salad rolls, fruit, yogurt & bottles of water & headed off to Wet & Wild for the day. The kids had an absolute ball & DF & I spent the day wandering around watching them go on all the slides & lazing around by the pools. When we got back to mum’s she sent DF & I off on our own to have a romantic dinner together without the kidlets. On her recommendation we headed off for the best steak in Surfers. It was about a 10min fast pace walk to get to the restaurant. We finally got there & it was closed! Still wanting a steak we thought we would go to the Titans bar (which was a 20min walk in the opposite direction down near the river) as we had heard that the meals were quite nice there as well. When we got there they had a special party night on & were charging $15 entry each! We decided to head back into the mall, another 15min walk as there is a Hogs Breath in there. 45min wait for a table we are told. AGH!!!! We walk back into the mall & run into my parents with the kidlets & tell them of our adventure just to try & have dinner they recommend a Chinese restaurant & if we mention them we should get a table. The name dropping works & we are shown to our seats by the OWNER! It is a proper Chinese restaurant. The kind where Chinese people go to eat and you get served by the waitress at the table. The food was AMAZING! We ordered 1 rice to share & 2 mains. It seems that neither of us can eat the amount that we used to & we ended up with 2 containers of left over’s to take home for mum & dads lunch the following day. Monday we woke up to the sound of a gun blast & quickly got the kids & ourselves ready & raced down the street to the dawn service. It was the smallest ones first service & a very educational experience for her. DF’s brother is actually in the army so we found it quite emotional when they listed the soldiers that had been lost this year in Afghanistan. Monday was spent lounging around until 1pm and then shopping and taking the kids to time zone & Ripley’s believe it or not. I cooked everyone a yummy BBQ dinner before we all headed off to bed a decent hour! We had such a great time while we were away. Yes I did eat some very yummy & decadent things but I have learnt that if you share than you also share the PP! No alcohol helped me stick to my daily PP allowance on most days. I had a couple of little eggs but didn’t overdo it & the best news of the whole week end was that I bought my first ever size 12 !

No comments:

Post a Comment