Saturday, May 7, 2011

I wasn't joking!

31/03/11

Well when I say I’m back, I’m not joking! After a yummy dinner of homemade chicken burgers (made with chicken breast) down at the beach, DF & I decided to do our big walk. Once we got going we decided to go for a little run. We actually ran to the top of Alexandra Headland hill! My lungs & thighs were burning by the time I got to the top. It was my 2nd run for the day after all! We walked down the other side to the point where we turn around. When we got back to the hill section to go back over we decided to run again. So over the hill we ran further & further, my lungs were screaming at me to stop but I just pushed through until I got over the top of the rise. I hit the pole on the way past as a little marker and finally allowed my tired legs to rest by dropping back to a brisk walk. DF actually kept running down the hill & after a couple of minutes break I decided that I couldn’t let him beat me! So then I ran again to catch up to him. He stopped at the bottom & waited for me catch up & we walked back to the car. We were both so proud of each other. I can’t wait until we are fit enough to run the whole walk. I watched the other couples out enjoying the beautiful evening together by going for run. That is the kind of couple that I aspire for us to be, the kind that can go for a run together & still talk & laugh at the same time. At the moment it is more of a red faced, struggling for breath, pavement pounding kinda look but we’ll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment