Thursday, May 12, 2011

Freezing Friday moved to Thursday!

DF is getting his ear operated on today my poor boy. Not wanting to miss out on my personal training session I organised to move this weeks session to today. I woke up to a chilly 6 degrees & made my way to our meeting spot. I had the heater cranking in the car trying to get warm. I have gone from a size 16 last winter down to a size 12 this winter so NONE of my winter work out gear fits at all. I am still training in short tights, a singlet & a thin cotton jacket. I arrived at Point Cartwright to the breaking dawn. It was so surreal to see the sun just starting to peak over the horizon while there was still stars in the dark blue sky. We begin by walking a nice brisk walk up the hill. When we get to the steepest part Brock gets me to jog through to the top. The cold air is burning my lungs & it is taking me a while to get my breath back even though we have only gone 500m. We walk to the bottom of the other side where Brock informs me that we are going to do some hill sprints back up to the lighthouse. I look at that hill in front of me with dread. This is going to hurt! Wanting to get it over & done with I take off. Pumping my arms & legs as fast as I can, willing them to get me to the top I start off fast. I even surprise myself. I get past one tree still at a good speed, get to the second tree, I can feel my speed drop off now, I am approaching the third tree & the steepest part of the hill & although I am pumping my arms & legs I don't seem to be making much ground! Finally we get to the top & I gasp trying to suck air back into my lungs. They are burning & I am having trouble catching my breath. We walk back down the hill as recovery time & turn around to do it all again. This time I can feel my speed start to drop off earlier. I struggle to the top, the blood pounding in my head. We walk back down for a third time. I give it all I've got. Arms & Legs pumping I make it to 10m from the top & my legs feel like jelly, I feel like I am about to fall over & my run becomes a walk. We start our walk back down the other side & Brock admits to me that even he is having trouble recovering after that. The cold air has made a massive difference to our recovery times. We get back to the cars & Brock grabs the kick boxing pads & we do a full arm & leg combos. 6 grueling runs he makes me do. Finally we work on arms alone. The relief is short lived as I realise that my arms are just as fatigued as my legs! Finally our session is finished. 7 hours later & I can still feel it. It serves as a great reminder to not give into temptation as I am working to damn hard for this body now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment