Monday, May 9, 2011

The Wedding!

As you can see DF & I are clearly impressed by the groomsmen blowing abilities lol




The beautiful bride & myself


It was magical. Everything about it had a sense of grandeur & old world class. As our car drove up the windy road we came across a magnificent set of cast iron gates open & welcoming us onto the property. We parked in the car park & made our way through a gazebo & a winding path leading us through to a terraced garden area. We were greeted with champagne & not the cheap yucky kind, one that you could actually drink! DF & I made our way down to where everyone was mingling. The view was exquisite, the weather perfect. The groom had a look of anticipation on his face & seemed to be quite thirsty! Finally the string quartet started & we were asked to take our seats. The groom was alternating between various shades of white and red waiting for his bride to make her appearance. After what seemed like an eternity the music changed pace to announce her arrival. The maid of honour came around the corner in a beautiful floor length purple gown soon followed by the bridesmaid. Then from around the corner the bride appeared on her fathers arm. I stole a glance at the groom, wiping away a tear as he witnessed the beautiful princess descending the stairs & across the red carpet to meet him. The ceremony was sweet & meaning full & had some lovely references of their relationship & the journey that they had both taken to get here. After the kiss as husband & wife the bridal party went off to have some photo's taken while the guests continued to mingle. The champagne was flowing & canapes were bought around on silver platters by the waiters. Once the bridal party returned we were asked to enter the reception area where once again we were promptly served drinks & bread with condiments. We had great company at our table & were able to talk easily with the other guests. Dinner was a buffet & unfortunately the one let down of the night was the quality of the food. Other than that it was a magnificent night. Everyone seemed to have a great time dancing, catching garters & bouquets & drinking. It was sad when it was finally time to leave. We had a 2 hour trip ahead of us so neither of us had too much to drink. After a few long goodbyes we set off down the winding hill round & round the corners over hills down gully's for what seemed like an eternity. Have I ever mentioned that I get car sick? Well I do. In fact I get so sick that I usually opt to drive no matter if we are going to the local shops or for a long drive. So after a few champagnes, a full buffet dinner & a piece of wedding cake this particular road was not the best way to end the night. I made DF pull over & I was sick like I haven't been sick in a very long time. Finally we made it onto the highway & it was at least a smooth drive home for the rest of the trip. My camera ran out of batteries at the beginning of the ceremony (not impressed! I had charged them all night & the little green light was on to tell me they were ready!) So the photo's that I have attached are actually photo's that other people have taken that are on facebook. Hopefully I will be able to add more as more get loaded on.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment