Friday, May 6, 2011

Motivation

14/03/11

Some days I really don’t feel like getting out of bed at 4.30am. I don’t feel like getting dressed & putting my runners on & I defiantly don’t feel like going out to exercise. One of the things that makes it a little bit easier for me is by having nice work our gear. Since I have been able to fit into Lorna Jane tops I make sure to regularly purchase tops that appeal to me. I love the bright colours & coordinating accessories. I recently also purchased my first pair of tights from there as well. It was such a milestone for me. I had been looking at them for ages & dreaming that one day I would be able to fit into them without a muffin of fat hanging over the top. I am so thankful to the girl working in the shop that day for making me try them on! DF also bought me the new Asic’s Kayano 17’s over the week end. They made me go for a run on Sunday & again today. They are so comfortable and light to wear.
Another of my motivations is to be a good role model for my kids but in particular my 2 girls. I hope that they will never need WW. When I come home from the gym or personal training all red faced & sweaty I tell them to never let themselves go. To always make sure that they eat nice and healthy and do plenty of exercise because it is easier to not get yourself in this position in the first place! My beautiful little step daughter is about to turn 7 & I am determined that she will be fitter and healthier by 8. Already I have noticed a massive difference not only in her physical appearance but also in her attitude & behaviour. It makes me so happy to be able to be a positive role model for her.
I love the healthy changes that we have made to our family life. These are changes that will stay with us forever. A simple BBQ down at the beach mid week has seen us change our diet from creamy pasta’s & potato dishes as sides to beautiful fresh salads. We pack an esky with some meat, a simple salad & some water bottles. The kids play on the playground or ride their scooters while we get everything ready. It is a really nice way to end the day & it has made us closer as a family. There is no TV to distract, no arguments about who is sitting where & best of all we actually eat together as a family.

I am really loving our new life & can’t wait to reap the rewards from the changes that we have made!

No comments:

Post a Comment