Friday, May 6, 2011

Week 4 of my March personal commitment

4 weeks is a long time. So have I succeeded with what I had set out for myself?

Exercise- I have exercised most days I think I have only missed 3 days for the whole month so far. I am even taking my workout gear away with me this week end. I get up pretty early so I am thinking that I will be able to go for a nice morning walk along the beach front. (As long as I don’t drink too much! Lol)

Tracking- I have tracked pretty much everything. I did cheat a little back in week 2 by not tracking condiments & by using low fat milk instead of skim milk & not adjusting my recipe in my tracker with the attitude of it is only 1or 2 points no big deal. But all of those 1 & 2 points add up over a week! I only had a very small loss that week so the old saying- what you eat in private shows in public is true! I learnt my lesson & everything that I have eaten since then has gone into the tracker. When I have been somewhere else for dinner & unable to measure how much I have been having of something I have been trying to overestimate instead of under estimate.

Fruit- Hmmm wellllll....... I have been eating at least 1 piece of fruit every weekday. It is part of my routine now. I always have a piece of fruit sitting on my desk so that if I get peckish I can have that. I had the most amazing apple yesterday it was actually delicious! If you could guarantee me that they would all be like that one I would eat fruit every day! Weekends however are a different story... I struggle to eat it on the weekends as we don’t have a set routine. We just do whatever we feel like on the day. This means that we can be anywhere at any time & just eat meals when we get home. We don’t really snack over the weekends either as we are so busy out doing stuff.

Weight loss- So far this month has been practically nonexistent. A grand total of 300grams. With only 1 weigh in to go I am obviously not going to meet my 5kg loss that I was hoping for! I am okay with it though. After some supportive words from my friends I know that this is not going to happen overnight and if it did I would probably put it all back on again anyway as I would not have learnt the lessons that I need to along the way to keep it off long term. I am ready for the ride however long it takes.

I am definitely going to set myself a new commitment list in April. By doing it this month I have changed a few things & learnt a few things. It has given me something to work towards & focus on other than just weight loss alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment