Friday, May 6, 2011

A post about caramel & sabotage...

25/02/11

I don't think that i have mentioned it yet but I have a few addictions. One of which happens to be caramel. I'm really not that fussy- anything with caramel is fine! If we go anywhere that is serving dessert I am usually happy to forgo. I am really not fussed with cakes or the like. However if the dessert remotely has a hint of caramel to it I simply must have some!!! My favorite (easily accesable) treat is a simple caramel sundae from McDonalds. You know I don't get it for the ice cream & DF has joked that I should just order caramel sauce in a cup- hold the ice cream! I have actually fantasised how much I could get through before slipping into a sugar induced coma or vomiting! Since discovering that they are worth a whopping 10 points I have not had one. I just can't bring myself to waste practically 1 quarter of my daily PP on one.

So anyway over the past week or so while watching My Kitchen Rules (I am also addicted to cooking programs!) an add keeps coming on for the new caramel Mars Bar. I have managed to not be sucked in by there clever marketing showing that gooey caramel oozing out of the thick chocolate encasing it. I have even made a couple of trips to the supermarket where they have massive big display's set up pushing their latest delicious creation. And I have managed to resist.... up until yesterday!

Yesterday my DF was an evil sobatoger. Trying to derail all of my hard work. All with one little sentence...

"You have been working so hard- You deserve a little treat"

I didn't need to be encouraged twice. I practically RAN in to the supermarket to buy one of those delicious, naughty, DEVINE little treats. I bit into that chocolate casing & my mouth filled with the most delicious caramel I have tasted in months. I took it slow, savouring every little bite until it was completly gone. I couldn't even bring my self to ask DF if he wanted a bite incase he said yes- I simply could not waste a single drop of that caramel!

Was it worth it? Was it worth not having noodles with my stirfry? Was it worth the guilt I felt until I could get home to put it in my tracker?

You bet ya! All 7 points worth!!!

So how do I feel about it today? Well the craving has passed. I don't feel like I need to stop myself from licking the TV next week when I see the add come on again. I tried it. I liked it. (It did make me feel a little sick because I have not really been having much in the way of sweet treats) I am over it. Can't say that I would waste 7 points on another one any time soon though. I think it will be put in the basket with my caramel sundae addiction. It is quitely simmering away in that little dark corner of my brain. I know that one day in the not to distant future it will probably raise up again. I am happy that I can manage it & not ruin my whole day/week/month of hard work. I can work that delicious little devil into my points & best of all I don't have to 'freak out' that I have done something bad.

Oh caramel my dear friend how I love you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment