Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

What a wonderful way to start my mothers day morning than by a steaming hot cup of green tea in one of my favorite mugs made with love from my son. I sat up in bed & was presented with a mountain of treasures all wrapped beautifully. I read my cards first one homemade & one store bought. The home made one was from my daughter. It had a picture of a cupcake on the front. Inside it read 'you're sweet as mum'. Very cute. The other one was the most expensive card ever invented! (seriously $20 for a card!!!)On the front it says 'didn't know what to get you for Mothers Day... How does a Caribbean holiday sound? Then you open the card & a little island pops up complete with deck chairs, palm trees and plays Caribbean music along with the sounds of waves crashing & seagulls singing. It is the best card I have ever received or seen for that matter. I moved onto the carefully wrapped presents. Kirra had made me some things at school. A book of vouchers for room cleaning & winge free days & other assorted 'free' items and a book of 'our favorite slices' put together by the whole class. Kirra's contribution for me was Caramel Slice (no surprises there!) In my other parcels I received a new set of pajama's with little lambs all over them in a size 12! And the biggest box of Lindt petite desserts that you have ever seen. I of course shared them around straight away. The rest I am going to savour slowly over the course of the next week or so.
After we got our selves dressed & headed off down the beach to meet up with DF's family. We shared a lovely breakfast with them. We took orange & almond cakes, oranges (already cut up to use on top of the cakes) banana's and yogurt. It was nice to have something other than bacon & eggs! I wish that I could say that I then got to go home to relax & that my little cleaning fairy's arrived to clean my house however we had a WEDDING to get ready for! We dropped the kidlinks off & went home to make our selves look pretty. Stay tuned for the wedding post to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment