Friday, May 6, 2011

Junk Food Revolt!

10/03/11

Last night we had KFC for dinner. It wasn’t a problem, I allowed enough daily points for it. I had 1 piece of original chicken, a regular serving of chips & a small potato & gravy. It was yummy while I was eating it but afterwards I had an oily residue in my mouth that no amount of water could get rid of. It was yuck! As I sat on the couch watching My Kitchen Rules I was beginning to feel more & more lethargic. We didn’t end up going for our nightly walk as all I felt like doing was lying down! So today is a new day & what has happened so far? NOTHING! I was meant to do day 3 of week 2 of my C25K this morning instead what did I do? NOTHING! Will I go & do it tonight? Probably not... I know I have personal training in the morning so I don’t want to be over before I have even begun! We might go for our walk as long as it is not pouring with rain like the heavy black clouds are threatening to do! So today I may potentially do NO exercise! I am not happy with myself at all. I am so tired & feel really drained today & I am sure that it is because we did not have a nutritious dinner last night.
So today I have planned out a VERY healthy day for myself. Breakfast started with 2 pieces of whole grain toast with tomato. Lunch is a beautiful fresh salad including lettuce, tomato, capsicum, bean shoots, cucumber and feta. Dinner is chicken kebabs with a crunchy salad. I have fruit here in case I get hungry in between & of course plenty of water. I hope that this will shift this funky mood that I am in. I am NOT on track with my personal commitment & at this rate I will be lucky to record a loss at all!!! I guess the one good thing for me is that it has highlighted just how bad this stuff is that I was shovelling into my body if not daily then at least a few times per week. At least every second day I would go the long way home, make an excuse to go out for work (and conveniently it would coincide with lunch!) forget to get something out for dinner or ‘treat’ my family. Not having junk food for a long while & then having some really lets you see the way your body reacts when you put rubbish into it. I will treat my body with respect from now on. I hate how I am feeling today.

No comments:

Post a Comment