Friday, May 6, 2011

Hi

Original Blog 10/02/11

Well I thought it was about time to start documenting this journey that I am on. So I'll tell you a little bit about me. My name is Aimee. I am 33 & 3/4. I have 3 awesome kids 2 bio & 1 step. I live with my fiance, kids & 2 staffies on the BEAUTIFUL Sunshine Coast. And I am FAT.

I wasn't always overweight, in high school I was one of those disgusting people that could eat what ever I wanted & laze around all day & not put on even 1 kg. Looking back my habits back then propbably set me up to end up where I am now! After high school I moved straight out of home & into share accommodation with my friends, boozing every night, junk food for every meal & never any excersice unless it was walking home from a night club or bar. It was a big shock to discover at 18 that I had fallen pregnant. My poor eatting habits continued right through my pregnancy & by the time I finally gave birth to my son I had gained over 30kgs!!! I managed to loose around 15kgs before I fell pregnant again. This time I had learnt my lesson & managed to only put on 8kgs for the entire pregnancy. Shortly after the birth of my daughter I broke up with the childrens father & decided to go it alone. This is where the roller coaster really began. Eating because I was sad, eating because I was bored, Eating because I was happy. Basically just eating... I didn't really need an excuse as you can tell.

So fast forward about 8 years & I am sitting just a whisker under 100kgs. That is it I told myself. How the hell did I get to this point? It had to stop!! Over the next 2 years through excersice & eatting I managed to get down to about 80kgs. I met the man of my dreams who loved me for me- unconditionally. You know what happens when you get into a relationship you get comfortable, you go out for fancy dinners, you cook for one another, you snuggle on the couch & watch dvds. Needless to say it didn't take long for the kgs to slowly creep back on. I made a half hearted attempt back in 2009 with weight watchers & I do have to admit that it worked... when I tracked. But the losses seemed to get smaller & smaller until finally I stayed the same weight for 3 meetings in a row. Then the dreaded weight gain! That was it, I gave up. Just when I need the meetings & motivation the most I turned my back & walked away.

So here I am in 2011 ready to do it. I am 84.4kgs & this is the last time that I will ever weigh that ever again. I have a gym memebership, a personal trainer & weight watchers. This is my time. I will succeed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment