Saturday, May 7, 2011

Great Weekend!

03/05/11


I have just had the best weekend that I have had in ages. I had one of my good friend’s hen’s nights on Saturday night. We went on wild boys afloat. It was so much fun giggling at the horrid male strippers. They were all prickly from shaving their chests & stank to high heaven like fake tan. I guess you’re wondering how I would know such details. Well I got pulled up on stage as part of their show!!! The brides also all got pulled up so at least I wasn’t alone but EEEEWWWWWW!!!!! I couldn’t stop screaming & laughed so hard that I was crying. Drinks were free on the 4 hour cruise but I was very good & kept it in control with only 6 wine spritzers. I danced for HOURS with the hen & the other ladies that had come along to give her a great farewell from single woman into wifey. I met back up with DF at around 3am & walked up & down hills throughout the city trying to find our way around. We finally got back to our unit at around 4am where I promptly collapsed into bed completely exhausted. Sunday morning I woke up at about 9.30am thanks to my alarm. We checked out of our room & although I was still very tired I felt great. I didn’t have a hangover at all. Sunday we spent a lazy day around the house & I even got a nap in which was nice. Monday was a public holiday for us & we woke up to a picture perfect day. I started my day with a body combat class at the gym & then came home & showered & made a yummy salad for our lunches. Then we headed off to the beach. It was so lovely sitting there feeling the sun’s rays warm me through. The girls had a great time exploring the rock pools & splashing on the shore & DF was the crazy man out in the 8 foot surf having the time of his life! It was such a change in the weather to what we have been becoming accustomed to up here. I feel like it has been constant rain since last year with only a few nice days thrown in there to keep us hopeful! I am so looking forward to next summer already & it is not even winter yet *sigh* how am I ever going to survive through the next 4 or so months? So the big wedding is this weekend. I can’t wait to see my friend walk up that aisle she is going to look amazing. She admitted to me that she is so worried that she is going to put it all back on after the wedding & I told her that the fact that she is already thinking about ‘after’ is a good sign & that she knows she doesn’t want to go back to being that big girl ever again. She commented on how skinny I was looking & I told her that she was my inspiration. I can’t wait to get a photo of the 2 of us on Sunday. Well I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well xox

No comments:

Post a Comment