Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Best Feeling!

29/04/11

Last night I bit the bullet & went dress shopping. I have always hated dress shopping as dresses have never really suited me. However with a formal wedding to go to NEXT WEEKEND it really had to be done. I went into our biggest shopping centre on the coast on the hunt for the perfect dress. Every shop I went into had the same kind of styles either long & floaty, which I am sure look lovely on petite little things however on someone with boobs & hips managed to make me look like I was wearing some strange sheet draped around me. Or so short you are almost walking around with your fanny hanging out for the world to see! So I headed into one store which mostly looked like it was for the more mature market except for a couple of shorter style dresses. The shorter ones were still knee length so that suited me. I tried on a couple of dresses & although they were nice they didn’t fit quite right, they weren’t to die for & at $260 each I definitely wasn’t sold. I really didn’t want to settle for its okay- I wanted GORGEOUS! So I headed off to yet more store’s all with the same type of dresses. Starting to get a bit disheartened I headed into Myer as my last resort. The Wayne Cooper section had nothing unless you were a perfect size 6. Basque although nice was too work wearish. However around the corner there was a mix of different designers I picked out 2 dresses. One in a nice aubergine colour which was only in a size 12 & one in red, I picked up a 12 & a 14 in the red one & headed into the fitting rooms. I tried the aubergine one first it was a nice dark colour & had a wrap around style that I knew would suit most shapes. I was worried about the size but as it was a stretchy fabric I thought I might get away with it. It was okay but nothing to get excited about. Yes it fitted but I was sure that it was probably due to the stretchy fabric. Next I tried the red dress. I really didn’t think that I would like this one on. I usually stick to darker colours so this really goes against what I would normally wear. I decided to try the size 12 first as I knew that the jumper I bought the other day was in a 12 & I wanted to see how close I was to a 12 in a fitted more structured item of clothing. I did up the buttons that run down the front of the dress & thought to myself I will definitely need to 14 with all these buttons! I did up the belt that went around the waist of the dress & looked up into the mirror. Oh My Goodness. I looked so skinny! A tiny little waist! No bulging like a stuffed sausage into a size that is too small. It fitted me perfectly. I stood in awe of the person standing in front of me. I cannot believe that it is me. I feel like it is a dream. I of course have purchased the dress. I tried it on for DF when I got home to show him. I am officially the smallest that he has ever seen me. I may have been lighter but NEVER a size 12. I won’t give you the gory details but let’s just say he was impressed.

P.S. Yes there will be photo’s but you have to wait until the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment