Saturday, May 7, 2011

Orange & Almond Cakes




I made these yummy little treats to take to a breakfast BBQ tomorrow morning. I really had my heart set on pancakes with banana & butterscotch sauce but since we really should spend the morning with DF's family I have had to put that yummy breakfast on the back burner (probably for the best really with that deliciously evil butterscotch sauce!) But I really can't change from that sweet treat to boring old bacon & eggs. These delicious little cakes are only 2pp each. As always I use the patty tin size cups but if you wanted to do in a muffin size it would still be low in PP. If you were feeling particularly indulgent you could serve with a warm orange syryp. Since mine are to be transported down the beach I am just dusting mine with icing sugar.

Ingredients
1/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup self raising flour
2 eggs
2/3 cup caster sugar
juice of 1 orange (if your orange is not particularly juicy you may need an extra half)
Rind of 1 orange
100g nuttalex lite

1. Pre heat oven to 200degrees & prepare your patty tins
2. Cream nuttalex, sugar & rind together
3. Add eggs 1 at a time
4. Add dry ingredients & give a good 2 min blast with your mixer
5. fill your cases almost to the top (this mixture doesn't rise very much)
6. Bake until golden brown approx 10 mins

The cake turns out nice & light. I have attached a picture of how I like to present mine for a dessert.

Hope you enjoy

Aimee
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment