Friday, May 6, 2011

Summer Loving

26/02/11


Well it is officallly the last week end of summer. I will miss it! I adore summer.
I love the heat & humidity. The stiffiling heat that makes you gasp & crave slushies & swimming & an air conditioned room. The summer fruit- goodbye sweet mango's, water melon, necterines, peaches and apricots. To me, tucking into the first mango of the season, that sweet golden juice that runs down your chin & hands sybolizes the start of summer, and is a reminder that Christmas is just around the corner.
Goodbye beach with your burning hot sand that makes you bolt down to the waters edge waves crashing around your ankles. Such sweet relief! I love swimming & being in the water and we spend a massive portion of our summer at the beach. Camping, fishing, swimming, surfing- we love it all!
I love early mornings & waking up to a perfect summers day. The sky bluest of blues birds singing reminding you not to waste a perfect day!
Going to sleep with the sounds of summer. The crickets & cicadas singing to each other in the balmy night air.
I love the summer storms that roll in with such force that fizzle out with in minutes. (I am not so fond of the cyclones though!)
I love being able to go for a walk late at night in the warm air like we did tonight after dinner.

We went to the beach this morning and it was picture perfect I have attached a photo to celebrate the end of summer & also my 5%. Although up here summer does last a little bit longer yet. It is the last official weekend, so I though that it was fitting that we spend it at the beach!

Good bye summer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment