Friday, May 6, 2011

I Heart Weight Watchers

03/03/11

Although I did find the meetings motivating the first time around I really don’t have the time to attend regularly now. But strangely I don’t seem to be struggling to lose weight this time as I did the first time. I think that it may be because I am not listening to other people at the meetings explaining why they can’t exercise, why they didn’t lose weight or why they had a massive blow out. I do understand that these people might have had legitimate reasons & am I not trying to belittle their journey at all. It’s just that I can be a little lazy...okay a lot lazy let’s face it how did I get to the size I am?! Listening to other peoples excuses gives my brain ideas about why I can’t exercise/lose weight etc. However I do miss the motivating tips that my old leader used to give out. I miss some of the ladies that I had come to know over the time that I was there. And I guess I miss spending time with people who understand how hard this road is! In saying all of that I am really enjoying reading everyone’s blogs & the groups that I have joined have been so motivating! I think online has been better for me. Instead of just 1 meeting per week I can come on here all day everyday to get motivated! (and I do!)

One of the tips that I picked up off my old leader was about incidental exercise. At the time I thought yeah yeah yeah but now this second time around I get it. I park my car in the farthest away spot when I go to the supermarket (it actually saves me time looking for a park!) I now look for an excuse to get up from my desk. I work in an office & the boys have a shed about 100 metres down a little hill. I NEVER used to go down to the shed unless there was something that I absolutely had to address down there. Now I make special trips to deliver things 3 or 4 times a day. When going to the bank & post office for work I now park my car between the 2 and walk to each one. One is at the top of the hill & one is at the bottom. It is a good 20 min walk between the 2! I don’t track any of my incidental exercise but I am sure that it coupled with my real exercise is what is giving me my good losses this time around.

I feel like I am in such a better head space. I have plans and dreams for the slimmer me! It is so close I can taste it & tastes better than any food let me tell you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment