Friday, May 6, 2011

Changing the Diet of my Family

22/02/11

Weight Watchers has changed the way I look at, prepare & eat food. I am using less fat, less sugar. We are eating healthier portions & more salads & vegies as sides. For example we used to serve lasagne with chips & garlic bread (I don't even DARE see how many points that used to be!) Now it is a lower fat version of my original lasagne served with oven chips & salad. I have just made a zuchini slice for lunch to be served with a 0 point salad. This delicious filling lunch is going to cost a whopping 3 points!!! The benifits to my family are going to be huge. We have recently had my little step daughter come to live with us full time. Unfortunatly at her other house thay have no idea on health & nutrition. (they were even worse than me!) Her lunch box used to contain a white bread sandwich with crusts removed with either nutella, jam or honey, a FULL size packet of chips, a bag of lollie treats & if there was 'fruit' it was usually in the form of a 'fruit' roll up or at best a container of fruit in syrup. She is already in the same size clothing as my 12yo old daughter, she is only 6. I am really looking forward to being able to be a massive influence on not only her health but also as a role model & someone she can look up to when it comes to being the best you can be. My darling DF has really embraced healthy eating. He is loving salads & fruit. My daughter would be a vegetarian if I would let her however I think that at this stage in her life it is important for her to eat all food groups. She loves healthy eating & wants to be a model. My teenage son doesn't know that he is eating healthy luckily. He just wolfs down what ever is put in front of him! He loves everything I cook normally & eats first asks questions later.

I am loving taking better care of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment