Friday, May 6, 2011

Back from Foodie Heaven!

20/02/11




Me with my Daddy up the top of Q1



We're back from the Gold Coast & boy did we have a great time! I got to spend time with my parents which was awesome as I feel like I don't spend nearly enough time with them. We went out for dinner on Friday night to a great little Italian restaurant called Vapiano's and loved it so much that we went back on the Saturday night as well! They have a great selection of dishes & they cook it right in front of you! All of the ingredients are so fresh & the pasta & pizza bases are made fresh on site every day. There is also a herb garden right in the middle of the restaurant. On the Friday night I ordered 'Ravioli Con Carne' ravioli in the most delicious tomato & chilli sauce that I think I have ever eaten. Every body had a taste & loved it. On the Saturday night we decided to just get 3 dishes to share between the 4 of us. The boys ordered a pizza. It had the most beautifully thin crust & was heavily seasoned with garlic & fresh herbs & chilli. We had capsicum, anchovie, olive & parmesan cheese. It was a proper italian pizza with fresh ingredients. It wasn't loaded up with cheese & sauce like most Aussie pizza's are. I had 1 piece of that & it was to die for!!! We also reordered the ravioli from the previous night & 'Gambari e spinchio', this dish had prawns, cherry tomatos and spinich in a creamy pesto sauce. Again the freshness of the dish was spectacular. I just had 1 piece of ravioli, unfortunatly I choose that moment to go to the bathroom & when I came back this was all that was left! They probably did me a favour though! I had around 1/2 a cup of the other pasta dish & I was satisfied. I didn't feel like I had missed out. I didn't feel like I had blown out my points allowance. I had a really enjoyable time. So I went into the long week end with about 80 'bonus' points up my sleeve with my combined weekly & exercise points. I did really well with my food choices. I didn't snack, I ate healthy breakfast & lunches that were fillling but low in points & I walked around 2 theme parks over 2 different days. I did use a few of my 'bonus' points on alcohol on Saturday night. (I had around 6 vodka lime & soda's) But it was well worth it! We went up to the bar at the top of Q1. What an amazing view! The photo above is of me & my daddy. You can see a little of the bright lights below keep in mind that those little lights are of the high rises below!!!


Oh & I also had my biggest loss EVER in the whole time I have been doing Weight Watchers...... drum roll please......



1.8kgs!!!!!!! Yay Me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment