Monday, May 23, 2011

I know I said no wedding updates in here but...

Who would have thought that a last minute decision to attend a bridal expo would result in winning a totally awesome prize?!

I almost didn’t go- none of my friends could come. DF point blank refused. Kirra (my almost 13 year old daughter) had gone to visit her dad. I sent an sms to my future mother in law & future sister in law asking if they wanted to go. Kimmi was working. Finally the last person responded! Carol sent me back a sms to say yes she would like to go! Hooray!

The expo was packed- I have never seen so many people at one of these things. I paid for us to get in & received an entry form to put in the wishing well entry barrel. We walk around for about an hour & then call it quits & go home.

Then today at work I get a phone call on my mobile from a number I don't recognise. The lady on the other end of the phone asks if I was at the expo yesterday. Yes I say thinking that it is going to be the first of many marketing calls from people I gave my number to. She then proceeds to ask me if my wedding is planned for next April, yes I answer. Then she says to me, well I am actually calling to let you know that you have won a prize. Ooow really I answer! Yes she says. At this point I am hoping it is not a gym membership since I have just resigned at my gym for another 12 months. She asks me if I have selected my wedding dress yet- NO! I say in an excited kind of voice. Well you have won the grand prize of the expo which is a voucher for $1000 to use towards a Henry Roth couture gown thanks to Gowns of Elegance at Bundall. I am SO excited. That is a major chunk of my budget taken care of. My dress was the one thing that I have said all along that I will not skimp on. I would rather have less of something else to be able to have my dream dress! My mother was not as excited as I would have liked her to be. I called her straight away to let her know that I had won. Oh that is great she said. But I hope the dresses are not $10000 & out of your budget even with a voucher. (that got me thinking let me tell you!) So I hang up from mumsy & get straight onto the net to check out the designs. Totally affordable! Gowns start at just $900 with the average price being $1300. The most expensive gown is $1800. Totally within my budget! So I send mum an SMS to let her know & tell her that I will organise to come down one weekend & we can go together. Her response was 'cool'. I am disappointed. I wanted the kind of reaction that I got of Leigh's mum. She was so excited for me. I don't know if it is because my mum doesn't know how to react, she didn't have her mum in her life to get excited for her. But I wanted jumping up & down excited. I want to be able to share this with her & I feel like I have to tone down my excitement so that I am not disappointed by her reaction. I hope that when she actually sees me, when we go into the store together & when she see's me on my wedding day that she can show me the emotion that I crave from her.

So it looks like wedding dress shopping came to me! Talk about having something to keep me on the right path. That wedding dress is going to keep me going I am going to have my own coture gown. I want to be a size 10 for my wedding. I am currently a size 12. I can do it. Just keep on running. Just keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment