Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weekend Well Survived!

18/04/11

Well this was my first week end since beginning WW properly 10 weeks ago that I have actually survived the week end. Friday night is usually my undoing when it comes to sticking to my points. Being the last day of my week I have on the past used it as an excuse to be able to have extra drinks or something naughty to eat because I know I have my entire weekly and exercise points up my sleeve. Saturday I am usually feeling a little under the weather & so easily give into temptation of bakery or not bothering to exercise. Sunday I spend feeling guilty about the previous 2 days & then eat next to nothing to try & compensate. Not exactly the picture of a perfect WW am I?
This week end I thought I would try something different. Friday night we inviting DF’s little sister & her fiancé up for dinner. I made my Thai green curry prawns (6pp per serve), Crème caramels for dessert & I also had 3 drinks. I stuck well within my daily PP & went to bed late but feeling good about my choices for the night. Saturday morning I woke up feeling refreshed & ready for my day. I started with a bowl of cereal (Be Natural pink lady apple & flame raisin OMG SO GOOD!!!!) Then took myself off to the gym for my first ever step class. Not only did I survive it- I loved it! We then went over to my sister’s house for a BBQ. I took some chicken breast & bacon (fat removed) & made up a ranch salad using praise 99% fat free ranch dressing. It was delicious & definitely something that I can see us having on a regular basis even through winter. Saturday night we had a footy night finger food type dinner. I made marinated chicken wings & potato wedges and again stuck to my daily points for the whole day. I went to bed quite early as I was exhausted from my day! Sunday I didn’t wake up feeling guilty, I woke up happy knowing that I hadn’t over done it on the week end. DF went for a surf so I dragged my butt out for a quick walk while he was gone. I got all the things together for a nice hot breakfast to start our day. Bacon & egg rolls were a great way to start the day. I didn’t snack all day & I am sure it was due to having a heavier breakfast! I decided to cook up a storm as the weather wasn’t playing nice. Pumpkin soup, Apple crumble, Spinach, pumpkin & ricotta cannelloni. All low in PP & a great way to fill the fridge with healthy lunches for us all for the week. DF & I took ourselves off for our big walk over the hill after dinner & had a lovely talk about how much things have changed for our whole family over the past 10 weeks. The smallest one who came to live with us VERY overweight for her age & height has lost 2 whole dress sizes, she is so fit now & loves being active. The other 2 kiddies are more active as well & although neither of them needed to lose weight they are looking a lot healthier. DF Has lost an amazing amount of stomach fat. He is super fit & can out run me already! The definition in his arms & back is HOT! As for me, I am continuing to lose weight most weeks. I am feeling so much tighter & toned. I love my new healthy attitude as well towards both food & exercise. I am happy with my slower progress; I know that I will get there in the end & the things that I am changing I am not changing so that I can just lose weight. I am changing these things for life & for the health of not only me but my family as well. We are eating salads & vegies. Gone are the days of pizza at least once per week, we commented last night that we hadn’t been to what used to be our favourite pizza place for the whole time that I have been on WW. It’s not that we are ‘trying to be good’ or anything like that. It’s just that we really haven’t wanted it! We would rather go to the beach for a BBQ or out for a nice meal instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment