Friday, May 6, 2011

Not sure if it is the endorphins talking but...

04/03/11

Over the course of the past 9 months I have slowly but surely crept my exercise levels up & up until the point that I can now complete sessions like I did this morning. I said to my trainer ‘you know this doesn’t get any easier’. He said to me that it is because when you start to find something easy we increase the intensity. It will never be easy. It will always be a challenge. (Eek!) If you sit on a treadmill & do nothing else your body is soon going to get used to the exercise & very quickly adjust. If you have gone from doing NO exercise to this then you might see some results in the beginning but pretty soon you are going to stop loosing or worse still if you haven’t change your diet actually go backwards.

When I started training with him in June last year I could not even do 1 sit up. Seriously. I was so embarrassed! I couldn’t run in fact I could hardly walk at speed & forget any incline! I pretty much sucked at anything even remotely to do with fitness. Luckily he didn’t judge me. He didn’t judge my weight. He encouraged me. He was friendly. He made a point of saying hello to me in the gym even when I was a hot, sweaty, red faced, lump of lard! I am so glad that he did. I have had gym memberships in the past where I have been all keen and committed for the first 6-12 weeks and then slowly but surely I drop off & it soon becomes the monkey on my back that I have to feel guilty about until my membership finally runs out & the direct deposits stop coming out. This time around I actually enjoy going. I love how much fitter I am. I love the effect that exercise has on my body & mind. I look back at the excuses that I used to make & feel so ashamed of myself that I waited this long to really get into it.

For you ladies out there that hate your gym or the exercise you are doing I recommend searching out your own Brock. Someone who encourages you to be the best that you can be. Who pushes you that little bit further each time you go. Swap around a few different trainers until you find the one that works for you & your personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment