Saturday, May 7, 2011

Realisation

05/04/11

I have come to the realisation that this is going to be a long slow process. I am not one of those people that loose 1kg a week & breeze my way through weight loss. I am going to be one of those people that have to work hard for every gram that I lose. I was getting a little bit disheartened with it but then I realised that it doesn’t really matter. It’s not a race. I am not doing this to be a winner. I am doing this to change my life. I am doing this to lose weight. I am doing this to get fitter & healthier. I am doing this to be happy in my own skin. If it takes me 3 weeks or 3 months or 3 years it doesn’t really matter. What matters is that I am doing it! If I look at how I am going I think overall I am doing pretty well. Okay if I stopped drinking every week end then I might manage to lose more than 200g-500g a week. But do you know what? I don’t want to! I don’t want to stop going out. I don’t want to stop having a life. I want to enjoy every single minute of it! If I change who I am to lose this weight then I will not be happy anyway. Eventually I will start doing the things I love again & the weight will all come crashing back on. I have to stay true to myself & change the things that I can without giving up the things that I love. Yes it means that this process will take me longer but I can deal with that. I am loving trying out new recipes & putting my old favourites into the tracker to see how many PP a serving is. Some things I have been SHOCKED to see how many PP they use but others I have been pleasantly surprised. The green curry that I made on Friday night was sensational. By swapping the coconut cream for the water & light coconut milk it made a massive difference to the overall PP. It also gave it more of a soupy consistency which is more authentic anyway! I will always cook it this way from now on. I would never use the coconut cream again, I prefer it the new way! I am enjoying salads & soups for my lunch. By having a higher PP breakfast & a 0 or low PP lunch it means that I can still enjoy our normal dinner or a lighter dinner & a dessert. I am still learning to balance it all & to not beat myself up when I have a slip up. Yes I would love to lose some big numbers but as long as I continue to lose SOME numbers I will be a happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment